Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: samclau_at_jy25kR-EIwft7o9dTaOyoMm-GkidcWAajPKJEs1wIJYDEzbQF_1Hj_t4MZE74Zs45bTS
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:16:27 -0300

Donald:
> As for Argrath being good, exactly what is he supposed to be good
> at? Given that we can't be sure that anything that's attributed
> to him was actually done by him. I know he is supposed to be the
> true Orlanthi hero which would make him a theist with a best
> ability of something like "Lead Orlanthi" AKA "Herd Cats". If that
> isn't true then he could be anything.

There is a tendency (in RPG's at least) to imagine that those major figures are going to be really really good at stuff, most particularly at the stuff which their organization (for want of a better term) is good at. We know, though, that the leaders of many RW organizations are not very good at the nitty gritty business of their organization but are good at at least one thing: getting to the top of an organization.

I personally like the idea that the leader of a warband is a crap fighter, the leader of a magical organization doesn't know one end of his wand from another (as it were). In a place as diverse as Glorantha, there mucst be a large space open for the person who, by being a generalist, can hold discourse with various factions.

Just my half penny.

Sam.

Aqui na Oi Internet você ganha ou ganha. Além de acesso grátis com qualidade, ganha contas ilimitadas de email com 1 giga cada uma. Ganha espaço ilimitado para hospedar sua página pessoal. Ganha flog, suporte grátis e muito mais. Baixe grátis o Discador em http://www.oi.com.br/discador e comece a ganhar.

Agora, se o seu negócio é voar na internet sem pagar uma fortuna, assine Oi Internet banda larga e ganhe modem grátis. Clique em http://www.oi.com.br/bandalarga e aproveite essa moleza!