Re: One, Two, Many Argraths (And Me!)

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_NvZ6fzQRUUS54_5DiEWbtVtv-T2MGvEWTMMiJbj5hEMeKhXqfXblacRrCLswxOKLNKD>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:28:03 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Toread DuDerysi wrote:

> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Michael Hitchens
> <michaelh_at_...> wrote:

>>> I agree - the player characters could be in there anywhere.  One
>> possiblity is that dancers are not seven individuals, but seven

> bands.
>> One of which could be the PCs, or they could be part of any of the

> seven
>> I've listed.  Hell, if the PCs are succesful enough, one or more

> of the
>> seven I've listed could be one of *their* followers by the time

> you get to
>> Dragonrise
>>
>> Michael
>>

> One of the scenarios I was working on for the Dragonraising book put
> a medium-tough group of player characters in a major enabling role
> of Dragonraising. Without their actions, the Dragonraising
> ritual/heroquest cannot happen.

Sounds good - hopefully something like it will survive in to the Argrath campaign.

> A slight modification of the quest, which was discussed, would allow
> more competent characters to take the roles at the Dragonraising as
> Orlanth's Ring crashing into the ceremony by using that HQ and the
> knowleddge gleaned from the Boatride. Personally, I thought that was
> a rather cool option... But then, I always preferred my Argrath to
> be PC flavoured. =)

Options are good. I'd like to see it flexible enopugh to put the PCs anywhere in it - from being the Ring to not being there at all. Allows you to cate for all options regarding Argrath and all PC competency levels.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_0ght8cDcioy5iG3ScPuLorkbgNPUO1VEDnpmv_Z8IRvJarrN6MKsr0VlxLljOJMJSAHoUP20CAxmpixusyfWL3Q.yahoo.invalid