Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_vjvtwd2C2DqKRxSMTec8f2xQjeF3RCksmapCf9jQZBWGED-66yYgCvqy4nRAD>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:05:54 +0100 (BST)

And the same has been said of RQ2, RQ3, HW, and HQ. In any case, Glorantha is one world, not one per rule-set. It gets tricky because sometimes the way Glorantha works is expressed in rules (does the iron sword carried by that wind lord wreck his magic, or not?) and clashes will, again, cause trouble.

> You can't
> just leave the sceanrios out though - remember the
> sky ship says (p.66)
> "The Sky ship details one of the great events of
> history ... A great event
> is an event that *will* occur in Glorantha".

Yes, true. The big ones presented as "travelogues" are in: the smaller "once upon a time in a clan far far away", perhaps not.

> >> You can't include any of the fanzine material,
>..

> > If they're available on-line, there's no longer a
> > problem.

> Which ones are available? I'd like to improve my
> collection.

Me too, and I'm not sure. But availability is availability: being a fanzine does not make it inaccessible, being Issaries does not make it accessible. And the PDF versions are a god-send!

> But to me
> the difference between core and GaG to me is
> Greg-approval. To me that's
> implicit in the officialy published stuff but not in
> the fanzines.

An interesting and understandable view-point, until you realise the extent to which Issaries stuff was *not* Greg-approved. Anyone remember the surprise with which he greeted the news that Danar (that's Kallyr's son, the one who dies on the Sky Ship) was brought up Darra Happan? That's what it says in the scenario, in a box. Apparently it bears no resemblance to what Greg wrote. What he did write may well have been far more fun, but we're now stuck with Dara Happa.

Oh, and don't forget the Errata, will you? The example that comes to my mind is the date the Bat hit Whitewall, which so many products have got wrong and been Errata-ed (is that a word?) but no doubt people interested in other areas have found others.

Then there's the Fan Publication Policy, which means that anything that came out after that date *had* to be Greg-approved, which was what caused quite a lot of the upset as people sat around waiting for things they thought they were going to publish the next day.

It's never as simple as you might think, and never as simple as we'd like to be be :(

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html