Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_6NhXXDTZ_CBS9IQ6xKkFOt5K7ggxG10X7r7qzScYhRSbIjAvmWUH8HSKLJ7PJMhKK9n>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:05:04 +1200

At 12:55 p.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> > Malia is also called a chaos god frequently yet it is possible to
> > worship her in a non-chaotic form.

>It is possible to worhsip her in propitiatory, rather than active form.

It's also possible to worship her actively and non-chaotically according to Cults of Terror.

>Anyway, CoT is
>too old to be automatically definitive

If CoT is too old to be automatically definitive then surely the same can be said about Gods of Glorantha?

>and are you now saying Malia isn;t chaotic either?

It's not just me saying it, it's also Cults of Terror.

>While these are all old, there's a lot in the HW/HQ material that describe
>Krarsht as chaotic.

The material is mostly fan material regurgitating received lore without thinking
too hard about the deliberate uncertainty in the sources.

> > The same source which describes Dendara as an Earth Goddess
> > (Runes: Light and Earth)?

>I was wondering about this. Is Dendara part of the earth tribe anymore?

No.

--Peter Metcalfe