Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_jp1_dJ1wABUbf4De16nMhQXwxznXE2yoM4_PF_IsbloWo7vVh48tnTRtuhEouOImGIQ>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:10:49 -0000

[Adept wrote, many post ago]
>>>What about initiation to a more subtle cult like that
>>>of Thanatar or Krarst. If you turn away from the cult
>>>and try to redeem yourself, is it too late?

I'd like to get back to this question, which spawned the sidetrack.

Actually Peter's claim that Krarst isn't chaotic is very useful. Let us assume for the sake of my argument that Krarst _is_ chaotic, but in such a subtle form that it's not automatically clear to the cultist.

Does worshipping such a chaos entity automatically make the worshipper chaotic? In the RQ days, worshipping a God meant you had sacrificed a part of your soul to the entity, and thus formed a link between it and yourself. Presumably gaining affinities in HQ means something similar (or rather they both model something that happens between God and worshipper on Glorantha).

Is that enough to make you chaotic? Does it open a chaos wound into your soul, or does it just link you to the greater wound that is Krarst? If the latter, the worshipper may find the truth out, and try to escape, and actually succeed with his/her soul intact.

There are some ways of clensing a chaos taint in Glorantha. I'd like to know if the Krarst worshipper who abandons Krarst (and doesn't have a chaotic feature him/herself requires such measures or not.

  -Adept