Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_9--fxlecEV08QNqa3HkFY806_jsapYJd2VsJBez_3fJloBG-81EJzcpHaz0zf-RF_mL>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 10:53:36 +1200

Joerg:

>That article is explicit, unlike the passage in Fortunate succession
>(both agree on Doblian Sultanate being where Ignifer died). It has
>several other details wrong, like troops for the Battle of Castle Blue
>mustering from Glamour (founded in the First Wane, on the side of the
>Crater which did not exist yet),

Considering that the Crater is nowhere mentioned in the text, I don't see a mention of Glamour as being wrong or impossible. After all the Goddess had some reason for making the Crater where she did, which makes a settlement there before its official establishment there likely.

>or contradicted in the Fortunate
>Succession, like the circumstances of his death in 4/6.

Lionbirds are mentioned in both accounts - I fail no contradiction.

Another source which may have escaped your attention - the essay on Lunar Dart competitions in the Rough Guide to Glamour.

--Peter Metcalfe