AW: Broo language?

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_UzusBJuNKC6B83vsXVTY5JPpasCxpJR7zOxIB0SwPz2gS1WVF8Su0i0yZcWBPEqEDJTsj>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 19:52:55 +0200

Broos or anyone in one area will speak differently from those somewhere else. Languages change all the time. There cannot be one broo language. When RW communities split and have no contact for a hundred years their descendants have great difficulty communicating if they meet. Both groups have developed new dialects.
Many animals have culture. Each group may do some things differently. Members pass on these cultural traits to their young. Animals may also have language, depending on your definition of language. Broos raised with any others will communicate as they do. There will be language among them. A broo growing up alone won't have language, as demonstrated in the cases of human children who grew up alone in the wild and didn't learn language even after living with people for decades. Humans, and presumably broos, must learn language in their early years or lose the capacity of ever learning any language.
For broos to learn Sartarite or Tarshite they'd have to live with speakers of those languages. Are those rumors true?

Daniel

I seem to recall something about there being a broo language in the older (RQ) sources.

I wonder if that is still thought to be true, or do the broos of Snakepipe Hollow, for instance, speak sartarite or tarshite?

I guess feral broo don't have any language or culture at all, and are basically just animals.

  -Adept