Re: Shargash - what sort of a God is he?

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_Lw_qOfouoxlHkIsbP2c8N26iKv9ZUPNw96BHHdC0guNvN6k0rJ9rnb-vtJQS7Bm-PC>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:41:41 +1000

On 23/05/07, valkoharja <rintasaa_at_c6AC-kxeAfdFnn-5sO06SMJ4n6LmGH25YNUwTvHVxVhFzrF0LNkIvUxta5V8lIbMw80EPvL4mV4WX9HGQNTrEA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> But there are also mentions of him "thundering", and his bolt of
> destruction sometimes sounds like a thunderbolt.

I might have this terribly wrong but...

Isn't Shargash associated with Jagrekriand who made darts from Umath's brain, or something similar? It's possible that this myth is similar to the story about poor old limbless Yavor Lightning in the Storm Pantheon.

I must say that I rather like the idea of murdering and dismembering one's enemies as a source of divine panoply; and I can see it being very popular with a lot of the RPG crowd!

--
John Machin