Re: A quick thought on Scorpion Men

From: samclau_at_AbW9h0tfZkGaz-D77FCBnPM2B6GUdKF9LDRpSsx_-3DLLJVPdnuhVuQgXaSI_0P38ubp
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:50:15 -0300

Adept:
> They are chaos afterall, and said to be "more scorpion than man" even
> in the oldest sources that mention them. The Alien Queen (from Aliens)
> look would indeed be pretty cool.

She is based on parasitoid wasps. These beasts are so cool they even get their hosts (some caterpillar examples, anyway) to defend them. Her mouthparts are based on dragonfly nymph mouthparts.

Also, several queens within a nest fighting over who is in charge.

> The bloated breeding machine (like
> the termite queen) is certainly one form a great queen could
> eventually take. Parhaps a more common form would be that of a
> scorpion man (person?) scaled up to 1.5 x size, with an egg laying
> organ attatched to her rear.

The swarm of young on her back is also neat.

Well, female termites start out normal. They only go gross with time. And they are gross. I personally would go with a whole variety of strange forms within the nest with odd functions, some of them utterly unfathomable. They likely breed broo larvae to feed their offspring too.

Young termites (i.e. nymphs) work - young scorpion men could too. You can work out their gender by seeing which ones have a knack for putting shelves up.

> Rana is both young and a devotee of Humakt. Parhaps she's in for a
> surprised in a decade or two, when the fertility aspect of Bagog
> starts to take hold.

Perhaps Humakt is in for a surprise too :)

Sam.

Aqui na Oi Internet você ganha ou ganha. Além de acesso grátis com qualidade, ganha contas ilimitadas de email com 1 giga cada uma. Ganha espaço ilimitado para hospedar sua página pessoal. Ganha flog, suporte grátis e muito mais. Baixe grátis o Discador em http://www.oi.com.br/discador e comece a ganhar.

Agora, se o seu negócio é voar na internet sem pagar uma fortuna, assine Oi Internet banda larga e ganhe modem grátis. Clique em http://www.oi.com.br/bandalarga e aproveite essa moleza!