Re: Founding a new stead

From: Cruz Morales, Carlos de la <cruzmorales_at_4YzaE31aot8jmfIp7KOhVn_PyERAFZQU8d1RS2mMFlsZ9YLBHLmLAonjxF6rYicT>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:30:41 +0200

Carlos:
>> The players are going to create their stead after their former
>> longhouse was burned by that evil Orlevings ;). I remember
>> I read *somewhere* about a spirit of the wilds who comes
>> to the steads with the form of an old woman, and acts in a
>> rude form. If the new steadholders treat him with respect
>> there are good omens and everybody is happy.

Jeff Richards:
> Sounds like you are using some of my old Taming of Dragon
> Pass campaign. That little scenario is probably in Enclosure
> or in an old Pam Carlson post.

That's it! "Propitiating the Dark Hag" in Enclosure 1 page 9. I knew I have read it somewhere :).

Carlos:
>> I want the spirit to behave in a strange way and the
>> divinations to tell the heroes they must make a pilgrimage
>> to Kero Fin to ask the goddess to accept them as
>> inhabitants of Dragon Pass and to let them to build their
>> new stead.

Jeff Richards:
> Sounds perfectly good,. Here's the pilgrimage to Kero Fin:
> http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/todp/korol6.html

Yes, that's the saga outline I'm using. I have used adventures from other sources (even adventures in the "Pagan Shore" Pendragon supplement), but Korol Saga and King of Dragon Pass are my main source of inspiration.

David Dunham:
> Sounds to me like you have all the information you need
> to run this!

Indeed, I have played the first part of the adventure, with the Hag acting rudely in the stead, a reading of omens and the players meeting a Dark Troll in Old Top. The players are enjoying the adventure :).

I also like the suggestions from Roderick and Sam Elliot, and now I must decide what the Mountain Goddess will require from the PC's. The idea of all the women wed with some clan for a number of years is very interesting :).

Thank you everybody! Great suggestions

--
Carlos de la Cruz
Mi Blog: http://frikoteca.blogspot.com