Re: Dragon's, EWF remnants and Truedragons in the rest of Genertela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Iq0rYZZJTQyLUe5NqVQt1WcumCtEVdPs0qL-a1MpMm_P_t8V5BgSAZiOXHqIQAu-BLZ>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:03:48 +1200

Chris Lemens wrote:

>Greg, responding to Peter:

Actually these words are Joerg's.

> > > The Emperor Sun of Dara Happa was reported to have been killed, but is
> > > said to be identical to the Sun Dragon that can be contacted in Pavis.

> > They are not the same entity, nor were they.
> > The one in Pavis is far inferior to the one that ruled Dara Happa.

I'm getting a wee bit confused here. There are three dragon references.

  1. Windwhistler who worships the Sun Dragon Cult in Pavis
  2. Krang the Dream Dragon at the Five Eyes Temple
  3. The Sun Dragon in Nomad Gods.

Now the first two are not the sun dragon, I can readily accept (Windwhistler is only a wyrm and Krang has no stated connection to the Sun Dragon). However the Sun Dragon counter in Nomad Gods has the same combat value (= - infinity - 20[storm] - 0) as the true dragons of Dragon Pass.

>DD> I don't recall dragons in the Praxian myths.

>I think we just don't know them as dragons.

         It is said that Genert, ruler of the northern continent, was advised by a

         True Dragon, called All Eyes Open But One, who had once been a
         dragonewt.

         http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/dragonewts-mythos.html

In addition since Aroka crossed the Greatlands from Teshnos to reach Dragon Pass, I assume that the wicked wriggler, Grywl Gontath is a spawn of his.

--Peter Metcalfe