Re: A few thoughts still on chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_kkP3RGGXf9PzXjYw_9aFh-H_TuEafH0ifYKJwgJ1nTRe2fmIhqEjOeA0yuSVh1K567T>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:08:23 -0000

[Adept]
>> Is something horrible going to happen to the community for
>> worshipping this tainted individual, thinking him a deciple of
>> Odayla?

[RR]
> Probably. If they are actively worshipping him, that's different
> than saying "Oh yeah, he's been blessed by Odayla, see the horns?"
> If he starts a new religion, and they all convert to it, then there
> will be repercussions from the gods. If he just starts a new cult
> and integrates it into the Religious structure of the clan, there
> may or may not be. Since your question is a bit nebulous, the
> answers have to be as well.

Definitely. That was poorly worded on my part.

I meant that if he is seen as a special holy figure (like a disciple) and leads the worship of Odayla, will his taint effect the other clan members, especially the other odaylans.

  ***

I also realised that I've misremembered some things. I worked with Mr. Stafford on a Q&A entry about chaos (me asking questions and Greg ansvering them, obviously). Since it hasn't yet appeared on the www.glorantha.com site, I can't post it here.

But that's where I got the impression that if you get tainted by chaos, you will know it. It also makes it clear that you can't be "just a bit chaotic".

I hope it get's published on the site soon, so we can talk about this properly.

  -Adept