Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_KrJgNNDczuWXqmcqZkdsqxOtLKOqy_84KCFz9uLN0wH3H_zv_YvOPdTaaOltIKe0wUSoF>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:14:24 -0700

> My question is, in some places, where people have very mixed
> religions--that is they typically practice both sacrifice and
> venerative worship, for example--might some worshippers get some
> functions as affinities, but others as blessings and spells? (or
> affinities and fetishes, or whatever).

The type of magic you get from an entity depends on how you worship it, so I don't think one entity would give different styles of magic to a single person, because you're (presumably) not worshipping it two different ways.

Of course, if *you* worship Old Man Moose as a God, instead of a Spirit (that *I* know is the right way), then sure, we'll get different types of magic - OMM will give you feats, and I'll get spirits.

And if the religion is so messed up that different aspects/subcults/whatever of the same being are worshipped in different manners, then you'd get different magics, but I doubt that the two aspects would be recognized as the same being.

RR