Re: Detail with magic & rules for the same

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_UB8hSF8hewpijDj11ihva8VIKPwSyaVbPSxYQ0IT6fda9uKNSsanHHtoEjF0hrXTUTw>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:13:13 -0000

[Simon]
> OK but how about if I substitute wizardry, theism and animism in
> that sentence with unarmed combat, persuasion and seamanship?

Because I have other sources for detail in those things, and so do other narrators. Magic is complex, subtle, and has a unique flavour(s) on Glorantha.

Rules and guidelines for combat, social interaction and sailing don't have to necessarily be very detailed, because people know quite a bit about such things from other sources. What magic is like on Glorantha is a key attraction of the setting (this includes heroquesting naturally), and here us narrators need a lot of tools and information.

  -Adept