Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: donald_at_0DkzPvhjoc9tYjYFGuHZGRmA8Qc7IK9DTV6LJmfpTRwFWcpD2Kmlfb1a4rpkmmhUZKy8f
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:47:43 GMT

In message <p06240805c2c809c35018_at_[10.0.1.94]> David Dunham writes:

>I am not at all sure that magic is a fundamental aspect. I think
>Gloranthan religions and mythology are more important. There are
>plenty of games that deal with magic. No other game deals with
>heroquesting. In other words, the important thing is not how your
>character works magic, but your character's relation to magic.

I thought HQing varied by the type of religion. A theist follows his god's path to emulate him, an animist seeks the spirit he needs to obtain assistance from and a wizard follows a saint's instructions to tap into an essence.

Yes, HQing is a fundamental aspect but so are the different types of magic.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/