Re: Moon Design - Printing update

From: donald_at_-5H12WbBUCMyyAWlbUNXMLO9WiXGUKdXI5G6zXRNwCp0sIh2kAJ0MkiNTkGnOkHPbBYyD
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:49:24 GMT

In message <f9socp+hs37_at_eGroups.com> "jongjom2003" writes:

>> Of course the fact that this particular Association has now been
>> documented means other authors are likely to use it in their
>> writings. No reason to reinvent the wheel.
>
>Are they an important group in the oncoming Hero Wars? Will they be
>significantly featured in future products?

I've no idea and nor I suspect does anyone else. There isn't an elaborate plan of publications which just need publishing. There's a general overview (King of Sartar) which is missing considerable chunks and a lot of stuff in Greg's head which may or may not get changed before it appears in print. If someone writing a book wants an Association and this one fits they'll probably use it.

>To me HQ should be all about the big picture: the Hero Wars.
>Publications should provide chance to heroquest, mix it with the big
>names, and make history. It still feels it's a role-playing adventure
>game, lacking in confidence to take on the big picture stuff. Roll on
>the Great Argrath Campaign.
>
>Too much minutae detail.

Well one of the big points about HQ is that it is less about individual heros than communities. The Emperor's personal stats are of less importance than the community that is the Imperial Court.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/