Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Rob <lamorak33_at_zIEI0ilGvPEXv8E795kZZUhT5zTsoKWTEuP0VaW1fBDsCFxOv-q0rWBzfhD5e30LdB>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:50:00 -0000

The thing is Jeff is that is YOUR play style. Its fairly in touch with how I like to present Heroquest games, but it is not how all people like to play.

And heck, I want stats, not exclusively for the numbers but for all the background goodies (like followers) that you get with them. You know, just like in the Sartar Rising series. I think it may be generally accepted by all that stat modification will be done on a group by group basis if even requred at all.

In fact, I had a player in my game who attempted to magically attack Harrek when he killed Garrath Swordsharp on the cradle; she was a newbie and didn't know about him! Man it was such a cool moment! :^)

I would have got much more mileage out of the encounter if I had all of Harreks backstory to play with, associate characters for the players to interact with etc, etc.

I don't think we are far apart on any of this really.

Regards
Rob