Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_ASx72_BVWk_tG_EwOewzeVOaZDU5VA3GjXlpDbV9AKit4I-HkcIv00cPqdvYnmYvuy>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:05 +0200

Atept wrote/asked:
>Great post Stephen! I've often lamented the lack of this sort of
>information. It's very hard sometimes to use people like the princes
>of Sartar, when one has no idea what Sartar or his offspring look like!
>
>That is information where a a few words or lines will go a long way,
>and make an important character more defined and alive.
>
>What was Sartar like? Was he dark or blonde? Did he have intense,
>gentle or parhaps a dreamy look? What characterises his bloodline?

That is true for almost any of Gregs heroes. Hrestol, Arkat, Harmast, Jonat, Argrath... We don´t get much to know about they look, except a broad desrcription. BUT
If you look at real world mythology you will find out that a hero is a) a typical idealised version of our cultures clichee look, OR b) looks like he is a stranger, but still is OUR hero.

I have Hrestols Saga, The Tale of Seralos Deguys (sp?), All Men Should Know This, Jonats Saga or King of Sartar handy, but i think all of these texts mention hair and skin colour, but almost nothing more.

Cheers

André