Re: for the record

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_SuCW8_6MKoZf_OaJvMR364MfO0-hq-2BFke_XGvu3cfk_DnbK2c2GgTsdA936jn_D9CB>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:26:30 -0000

> That being said, others of her command are more bloodthirsty, and
likely
> do engage is widespread killing to terrorize people, etc. This
brings up
> the real question of whether Kallyr, as leader of the rebellion, is
thus
> responsible for those deaths---an issue which troubles her as much
as it
> troubles some of your reading this.

My point is that these sorts of tribal rebellions are terribly messy and bloody - and as the warleader of the rebellion, it is likely that she has blood on her hands. How much is up to the narrator. Maybe just some peripheral contact (for folk that view Kallyr as an untarnished heroine), maybe she had to wade through pools of the stuff (which seems common in games where folk who actually play out the guerilla campaign itself).

BTW, one thing that I find interesting is how much the old Sartar Rising series actually avoids the Rebellion itself until the Battle of Iceland. Even then, the scenarios do not involve hit and run raids or ambushes, but rescues or thefts.

Jeff