Re: Death of Orlanth

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_RS-wimvdEgeXPQGd3XwRyycg9UZePbWo38FBvu9p7EaKVUSZpXbs3WjL5m0Den8_meG>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:07:46 -0000

Andrew Solovay:

> 1. He's the last holdout during the Darkness. He's the god who keeps on
> fighting when everyone else is dead. Not surprising that he'd be the
one
> holding on through Fimbulwinter.

OTOH, gods that did die during the Darkness, such as Yinkin, aren't affected, either. So I'm not sure this is relevant either way,

> 2. He's not a Kerofinela wind--he's the desert wind blowing in from
Prax.
> All the winds in Dragon Pass have stopped, but the dust storms keep
rolling
> in from the east.

The winds have also stopped in (most of) Prax, though.

I think he's just not affected because he's not Orlanth, nor worshipped as part of the standard Orlanth rites, in the way that, say, Yavor, is.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic