Re: Death of Orlanth

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_X7fXXNGde9KxxGsJkLcejAS75GgC--KJ2zRQJutit8i_YSNnHBtP_VbxacuWbfhfE_n>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:36:27 -0000

Yinkin didn't die in the Darkness, did he? The offiscial cult writeup in Storm Tribe is not all that clear, but when Orlanth is frozen he is found by Yinkin who licks him back to life. Orlanth then gives Yinkin his last rations and continues his Lightbringers quest.

It doesn't sound like Yinkin is dead at that point, and he's strengthened by being given food.

I've always thought Yinkin was one of the gods that survive the great darkness. On the other hand, the lightbringers quest described in KoS mentiones him dead and nailed to the wall in the Land of the Dead... but KoS was written a long time ago, and I've always thought such details (like which gods and goddesses are seen to be dead) can vary in the LBQ.

  -Adept