Re: Fwd: Death of Orlanth

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_8I96m6VvJ72804euh34vBArF9K1RLtdlGW85O_0ztYe_Mz22kknl-_2Ecmpy3CwQKXE>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:57:13 -0000

Donald:

> However Urox is exempt. Because his magic comes from the Eternal
> Battle?

Remember, Doburdun is also exempt, and no doubt there are other foreign gods in the same situation. Urox is exempt, so far as I can tell, because he's not Orlanth. Kolat is exempt for the same reason.

True, Kolatings can't contact air spirits, but only for the same reason they'd have a hard time finding water spirits in the middle of a desert, or fire spirits under the ocean. All their other magic works fine - including their ability to interact with any other spirits they might encounter.

Now, true, this may not make sense in your Glorantha (I have no problems with it in mine, FWIW, but I know there's other things I do differently), but Greg can only really talk about his own Glorantha. Although, so far as I know, there's no bar on discussing such variants on this list.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic