Re: The Great Darkness

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_Tx3Zja18kTI15EWBmVS56Co_GAFgj201A9YAvliPpt8h39X7jwqLQ7dNk>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 12:48:53 -0000

Greg,

> NOTE that it is slightly different for mortal people. Heort survived
> through IFWW, without the gods. Afterwards he reinstituted worship of
> Orlanth and re-established the relationship.

My reading has always been that IFWW is a pattern that repeats in each age, in that in each age we see the Orlanthi under pressure: Lokamayadon's attempt to suppress Orlanth worship, EWF transformation of Orlanthi by revealing their inner dragon, until the Orlanthi are forced into a last stand. At that moment it is IFWW, as the remaining Orlanthi make the decision to resist, to stand up and fight, when all hope seems lost, and so begin the fightback (and the end of the world?).

I see Orlanth is Dead as this point in the 3rd age: the Orlanthi are almost squashed but a few, acting as individuals, make the decision to resist to stand, and to keep the faith: IFWW

Yes, no?

>The DH have their human survival story, elves theirs, etc

I'd be interested as to what extent their survival stories repeat with each age too.