Gloranthan warfare

From: Ivan <runequester_at_21JkBwM4TcH5OnB6dN-XfZhcietjUQ0YArzEKw3ApTeOkRIVa3WYxFHRdIB2KxA_>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:41:04 -0000

Hello all. A few may recognize me from rpg.net. I've played runequest and heroquest for a long time (RQ was the game I grew up on), and lately have been working on a small for-fun-project to play with my local gaming group.

a set of mini's rules for gloranthan combat. So the question of course is... how does warfare work in glorantha ?

Old runequest battles were fairly sprawling affairs.. a few guys slugging it out with spears and axes, spells zipping across the field.. scouts skulking around the perimeter in cover, slinging stones and loosing arrows.

But is it ever really detailed on a larger scale, how warfare works and how it differs from historical warfare ?

And failing that, what suggestions do you have ? Im mostly looking at a "warband" sort of level (30-100 guys) but anything is welcome

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Ivan