Re: Yanafal Tarnils & Humakt

From: Gerry Crowe <gerard_at_23FlS514BdC_hU5qT5WAePIkHH3AZ3oV6koGwNZEYcAcCiqGkTmBTP4MXvamhdpmla3VJ>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:40:25 -0000

I suspect that most will want to avoid the place as they're a fairly cautious lot, but the YT...well, I wouldn't put it past him :o)

> Do you have any plan for exactly what ritual it is
> that they're about to blunder into? One that I think
> I'll try using sometime myself is a farewell to a Rune
> Lord. She is dying of some tedious and painful
> disease, and would rather die cleanly. So, she asks
> her fellow worshippers to honour her with a fighting
> death. No straw death for her. A call has been sent
> out to meet at Tourney Altar. Presumably, your YT is
> caught in the effective radius of the summons, and
> this could pull the party in. Any other Death-runed
> deities among the party's gods?

I really like this idea...consider it stolen, if not for my next session then another in the future :o)

To be honest though, I don't really have a plan as such. Most of my players are new to Glorantha (and I've not played in it for many years), so I currently have them accompanying a caravan crossing Prax, moving from oasis to oasis as expected. As they go, I'm trying to demonstrate different cultures and events they might come across, to give them a nice flavour of the region. Their next stop is Tourney Altar, hence my question.

While it would be nice to have them witness a Humakti death ritual, there are no Humakti within the party, so I might switch to a challenge of some sort as suggested by Simon. At least that way one or more of the players can participate in an event there, rather than it being no more than a brief stopover.

What about a recreation of YT's victory over Humakt - while the Humakti's might not "celebrate" that as such, would they still regard it as a significant event, and perhaps try to recreate it in such a way as to minimise the damage done? (sounds more like a HQ though). That way, when the YT player arrives, he is destined to be there and must take the place of YT in the contest.

Or do these things just not work that way?