Re: Yanafal Tarnils & Humakt

From: tickler <btickler_at_m-UCAguANYvnZNjWNxlDig6FuPlFkiihiKcOupFvdV55Hfzq6LcbS_yF6zXEYqKF0wk>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:05:34 -0000

This is why I stayed out of this to this point; but what I've been reading sounds off to me. I am a RQ2 grognard, or so I've been told, and I don't know or care to know about "flavors" of Humakt, and I don't know whether Yanafal Tarnil's backstory has been gregged, etc. But then again this is taking place in Prax. Who cares about other flavors of Humakti? They might as well not exist (arguably better that way in any case ;)...).

For Humakti at Tourney Altar, the central issue is not that Yanafal Tarnils is part of the Lunar pantheon, or that Yanafals Tarnils is weak and allows resurrection...it's that Yanafal Tarnils has no honor and *cheated* to overcome Humakt, and not only cheated but used a form of "cheating" that is anathema...which affords Yanafal Tarnils a unique hatred in the eyes of Humakt's followers. How would you view worshippers of a diety that bested the god you follow via such means?

Something like this, I suspect:

I find the complexity of this hatred to be more conducive to interesting gaming situations than simply not liking them for sociopolitical  reasons or because they can use resurrection spells.