RE: Re: Thief saints in Seshnela

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_E3CZIf3ecQLqylBZOPtFvKsQxrolTKYENv_QmFxULMVBMgfTCa6ZrFeVuOApygLXush7>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:20:31 -0200

[mailto:WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of vesa.randelin
> That's what I am thinking too. The guild itself sees nothing wrong in
> stealing. That's how the thieves earn a living, for them the stealing
> is like farming for a peasant. These thieves are honourable, they are
> not just a bunch of vile criminals, they have their rules too. For
> example murder or killing without a reason is against their code.
> They are thieves, not assassins or murderers.

& Donald:
> I think there ought to be some socially positive aspect to a thief's
> saint. Otherwise the followers can't justify their behaviour.

It's a matter of taste I know, but I personally wouldn't play up these positive slants at all - in-game I think it will almost remove the fact that there is thievery going on. I'd make these guys full-out murderers when necessary, just like you make a bunch of possibly heroic freedom fighters actually a bit more like FARC. Historically, such "movements" have had followers, no probs.

Thing is, vile criminals have their rules too. Look at the Mob.

Sam.