Re: About the Only Old One and Belintar. Also Esrolian mythology.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_fWcgMbGOoMjCYPkWOzmHbItKXziFW6HMitNFP38l0J3XLn8eVJtNoUpd7vt40nBhazB>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:00:31 +1300

At 02:52 a.m. 12/01/2008, you wrote:

>The player is looking forward to me explaining
>in detail the differences between Sartarites (as he has learned from
>playing King of Dragon Pass, among other things) and Esrolians.

  1. The Esrolians were originally Orlanthi.
  2. During the Gods War, all the important men were killed.
  3. The woman used their own magic to survive and in doing so found Imarja.
  4. Freed of their need to be Orlanthi, the women explored the other husbands (Heler, Argar Argan, Caladra, Yelmalio etc).

There are many Esrolian communities that look like a typical Orlanthi community with a slightly more equitable relationship between the sexes that is tempered by the tyranny of the Grandmothers. They live alongside the communities that follow the other husbands.

--Peter Metcalfe