Re: Darseni Girls

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_gcMTH--cyCU62kNfKo9Yjuw4HmkepKKNFO5ORluwq4Wa26Wq5XlfzluOyemZcLvbCz_>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:07:18 -0000

> 1. Most cultural keywords list a combat skill.

Last time I discussed this with Greg, he opined that this was a mistake, and combat skills should not be a part of most cultural keywords. Particularly violent cultures being an exception, of course. (And, to be fair, there are a number of those...)

> What would an
> appropriate skill be for a Darseni woman? My Pelandan woman ended up
> with parasol fighting.

I would not have thought that the 'average' Darseni woman would have any combat skills, so I would not expect this to be part of their cultural keyword. Having said that, I don't think combat skills would be particularly unusual for them, either, given that many all-female Lunar regiments seem to recruit from among the Darseni, so a range of possibilities present themselves.

Parasol fighting seems the sort of thing that noblewomen (or whatever the Darseni equivalent is) might have, although, even then, its probably not their most common weapon-of-choice. But, yeah, I can certainly envisage it.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic