Re: The Disintegration of Orlanth

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_YsfWmIy93vy4Px9J5OdvEjPSr5-ZxQmbbGrNokXWY-jqJyQ-Zo7T0ckjNpurqnDNpK66y3b>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:02:10 -0800

Boris Yarko wrote:

> Thanks for the help, Greg, it gives me more insight of how Glorantha
> is built.

It is my pleasure, Boris. These are good questions.

> THE SEVEN PARTS OF ORLANTH : (these are pure speculations, My
> Glorantha Is Varying)

> > Since YGIV on this, perhaps I need not reply here.
> > However, I want to note that this is very lunar of you!
> > The Lunar Soul has 7 parts, but the Orlanthi one has only 5.
> > NOW, this fact applies to the humans--they have "5 souls," each of
> > which is associated with one of the elements.

> Ok, so I'll try to find out the 5 parts of Orlanth's soul. :)
>
> But, as I'm in fact some kind of hyena eager of each piece of
> knowledge that I can tear from all of you, can you tell me :
>
> a) Do the solars and the lunars share the same 5 elemental souls with
> the orlanthis plus one for the solar and two for the lunars ?
No, they are not the same.

The six parts of the Dara Happan soul are those revealed in the Disintegration of Murharzarm.

And the seventh part for the Lunars is, of course, the Seventh Soul.

> b) Which are these supernumerary solar and lunar souls ?
>
> _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _
>
> The results of my new ramblings :
>
> THE FIVE SOULS OF ORLANTH :

I will forgo comment on these, as even in Glorantha there is considerable debate about it.

They are a nice set of concordances, and ought to be a great blast to play with in your game.

--
    Greg Stafford
    President, Issaries. Inc.

Love without reserve,