Re: Dara Happa's Silver Age

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_MgCwsvSQ2se0bcK6xq2IzwnEhJlYL92KOaeL7NMJ0guBiaWUMXeayigYz3MZzdNYO75d>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:18:33 -0000

> I was wondering about what went on in Darra Happa during the Silver
> Age (i.e. when Heort did his thing amongst certain Orlanthi peoples,
> "before" I Fought, We Won).
> References to IFWW mention that other masculine cultural heroes did
> similar things to Heort in their respective cultures. I was wondering
> if there was much written about, or if anyone had some good ideas
> regarding, Solar cultural heroes of this period.

John - there is quite a lot written about this period. Start with the invaluable Glorious ReAscent of Yelm (aka GRoY) which is available in pdf form from DriveThruRPG for a mere $19.95. This is the cornerstone document in understanding Dara Happan mythology. The followup book is the Fortunate Succession of Yelm (aka FS) which is not yet available in pdf form.

Suffice it to say, the Dara Happans had a very very different experience from the Heortlings. They did not participate in IFWW at all.

Jeff