Arn - The Knight Templar

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_7SaqZw3tReTqSFEc9_vmPuBwox8mKrQrTZmzSar6B7BJoEXve8SWSBD4csJqGqqrXNG>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:57:44 -0000

Guys, you'll want to see this movie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arn_%E2%80%93_The_Knight_Templar

It's sort of like what Kingdom of Heaven could have been if it wasn't so cought in the Hollywood mold.

It's also a great Glorantha movie, and a must for anybody who want's to see what post-viking Scandinavia was like. Lovely international dialogue. Most of the movie is in english, but there is a lot of swedish, french and latin. It all feels very real.

As a bonus for us gloranthanites, the main character is a very nice Hero for a game in the western part of Glorantha. He's not just a hero because he's an über knight (though he is that too, in a rather believable fashion), but rather because his morals and firm beliefs really make him stand out.

What more can I say. I really liked this movie. Four stars, and my intelligense wasn't insulted at any point. How rare is that?

  -Adept