Re: How best to learn about God Learners

From: Jamallo Kreen <jamallokreen_at_9ad6xbVDrua-4SwneP5352Z8E79Sc3LKjUGj4dfrocIncHcAgnyV9WMpjynm62M>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 03:53:44 -0000

To the hubris-ridden, I think that the main message of Karsus's failure is: "Pick your divine target *carefully*!"

> Did the cosmos' "snapping back" in response to Godlearner abuses
> fundamentally change the way things work in Glorantha? If a person
> in thecurrent age tried to replicate their methods would they
> discover that they just didn't work?

That I am too ill-informed to answer.

> --
> John Machin
> "Nothing is more beautiful than to know the All."
> - Athanasius Kircher, 'The Great Art of Knowledge'.

Funny you should use that sig. My character has deduced that there is ONE portfolio which is available, the obtaining of which would be supported by many divine allies: there is no Realms deity for the research and the (re-)discovery of lost knowledge and secrets , only one to promote them. SHE, unfortunately, is one of the two primal deities of Realmspace, and (at least until Hasbro guts the Realms) a greater goddess who is (currently) growing in strength. Students, archaeologists, tomb explorers, literary researchers ... a big well-spring of potential worshippers, most of whom already worship multiple allied gods of knowledge who co-operate in most matters. Vecna doesn't exist in Realmspace; most of his portfolio is thus available. Mwahahahaha....