Re: How best to learn about God Learners

From: donald_at_U_A7Ql3zWC8reuv_heFKFgqTf-2VRRZKjlnWkXD8_aqbBtNbdBpoBqFnbbnbY_1rWRr2S
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:53:41 GMT

In message <129890.49471.qm_at_6XTETtvtzRLRQoi6ellGtAdtqYDv603QsWqtghCEprkVIQIEUkoiolZ2iQrnbv6XAyRGuxn-jJ8Dn0WI4a-GIjxuWR3fgVjldzqGDbmnLU7kUw.yahoo.invalid> Felix Felix writes:

>" I guess that finding a dead or forgotten god that enough people
>want to worship is difficult in Glorantha: cultures and their
>worshipped entities have evolved to fit with each other.."
>
>Isn't this pretty much exactly what happens with Firshala in Griffin
>Mountain?

If the PCs can get enough worshippers together. Firshala is an example of the level of a god with just a few worshippers - the source of just a single bit of magic which is similar to that available to worshippers of other gods in most pantheons.

Also Griffin Mountain was written for RQII which didn't distinguish between gods, spirits and essences. I'm inclinded to think Firshala should be a spirit rather than a god.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/