Re: Powerful People in Pavis

From: donald_at_rWMPsl5k2WsKt7RcXHHZBdl7XUpNvUzhliE3X6nQrZQOMI2o47rZkT2sZncWbkkUF8YiA
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 00:25:07 GMT

In message <g5o47q+p3it_at_eGroups.com> "felixtimestwo" writes:
>Friends,
>
>I wonder if anyone can answer this question which has been (slightly)
>bothering me since the early 1980s, namely...
>
>Who are the 'powerful people' in the double page picture in the
>'Powerful People' chapter in the players book (page 70-71 in the Moon
>Design P&BR compendium)?
>
>I feel a bit stupid for asking, but I certainly can't figure out who
>they are-not with any degree of certainty anyway..

My guess is that they are the son and daughters of Pavis - the priests of the Pavis temple. In the original book most of the descriptions are on the same double page and the number is right.

>From left to right:

? Cyrilius Harmonious
? Bilkar
  Ginkizzle
? Bendrath
  Broosta
? Fleeter Neem
  Benderri

I'm not sure about most of the male daughters because the descriptions aren't detailed enough. Ginkizzle must be seated as none of the standing figures are short enough for a dwarf.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/