Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_0uqrCvKdW8yEygbbhbOAsNkAMWg99rmiwVhRCSJ9v6zlyD2Rpa3QltiQ2sD9HAfS3O8>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:01:59 -0000

> I'd encourage the 'two pronged' approach that some favour. I don't
> think it needs to be broken into separate volumes however.
> Cheat-sheets, summaries, and more stuff like "What My X Tells Me" make
> good ways of getting useful, relevant, context across to people with
> less Gloranthaphilic inclinations.

I used a couple of devices like this in LotW2. Firstly, there are 'Voices of Seshnela', with ordinary people talking about their lives, and secondly there are a couple of vignettes where a typical knight and a typical wizard go about their daily business, encountering various aspects of Rokari society in the process.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/