Re: Where does 'gyrda' come from?

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_HRCfRtEnZ5ihRie9pRfQJ7T4BbaIknFH_zx42K4_4_fs5CFAUxM9niNNzNWrRFGIQ0>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:25:13 +1000

Hi all,

This:

On 22/07/2008, Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_OYiOPC2xsBmzPvg6LgzzJU2QIKHC6aycNFdffDoJoBXX1St_3ACEpk904uqedXbfsi9mQiRL6jkYEGHg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Sigh.
>
> Yes, I know it's supposed to be deep and I know it's supposed to
> reflect the innermost Lunar Philosophies, but I found the chapter on
> Sevening, Occlusion and Illumination completely incomprehensible. I'm
> no slouch on these things normally, inside and outside gaming, and
> have read a fair amount on theology and philosophy, but there were
> parts of ILH2 that baffled me completely.

Struck a chord with me.

I am still confused by what Illumination does, mechanically. This may be something for the Rules list, but I figured that there is a perspective that is most present on this list that informs those rules - and also I don't want to engage in complicated cross-posting (I seem to be good at messing up email if I do anything more than hit REPLY...) Illumination says that it removes some of the (artificial) limitations between the otherworlds. It allows a person to act as if they were concentrated in the appropriate otherworld, whatever that otherworld actually is.

I am curious if it breaks the rules for "devotion" (or devotion-like dedication such as ordination) too? Does it allow for more than one Secret to be learned?

In addition to this: why does (or doesn't) it do this?

Cheers,

--
John Machin