Re:A Game of Thrones - Glorantha conversion?

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_7WgQhJkhxAXr6wLGOtI-F3dzM1ASJOfAhf5a7QyiA2-M1ahAJRA95yrcsOKbnVz>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 08:22:58 +1000

I've not played A Game of Thrones but I am interested in board game conversions.

I'm currently working on a Composite History of Dragon Pass conversion of Lewis Pulsipher's Britannia boardgame, following a Fortunate Succession/Pelorian version. I recently started thinking about where I could set a Gloranthan version of the Avalon Hill boardgame Dune. There are some beautiful home made sets on Boardgame geek and I like the multiplayer/varying powers aspect. I'm a bit stuck on Prax as the setting with the Eternal Battle (Storm) and Fodder (for Spice?) or something like that but I'm not sure that there is enough difference between the tribes so am thinking that Eiritha/the Paps could be one faction, Storm Bull cultists another, Waha Khans another, Tada/Independants another, Outlanders, Chaos.

I'll have a look at Game of Thrones and see if I think Dragon Pass is ideal or somewhere else on the Lozenge.

Keith