Waiting for Heroes of Malkion

From: frank_rafaelsen <frank_rafaelsen_at_Jfte3XB3qHNM7HVnb90R2gHUQP5u0TGsAU-PZ5S4E5O4870IF_CQVLG5vOHk>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:29:19 -0000

I've been reading the reports from Continuum and listening to the excellent podcasts (Great stuff!), and I'm very stoked about the new stuff that is coming out. But I have one nagging worry that I really hope you'll be able to put to rest.

I've been waiting for Heroes of Malkion for almost ten years now, and I'm really looking forward to reading more about my favourite part of Glorantha. But I am worried that the book will be made obsolete from day one by the new magic rules in HQ2. I understand that the core rules in HQ will remain the same, but at the same time I get a distinct impression that the magic rules have changed quite a bit (so much in fact that you need a new book about the cults of Sartar!).

So please tell me that this will not be the case for Heroes of Malkion. Reassure me that the sorcery rules from HQ2 won't contradict the material in Heroes of Malkion. Because if it does, pleas (PLEASE!) in the name of all that is good and holy, take the extra time (six months or a year, I don't care!) to do this book right.

As long as we have been waiting for material on the west, it would be a tragedy if the information in the book is made obsolete before it is published.

Sincerely yours
Frank