Re: Sun Dome & Society in the Province

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_sdtSwWmPo5Fz4c1AbEiTduhc1bpY6Yymh6dn3bAWCps30-Or6VFuU3pG7ziYZSkZD>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:14:18 -0700

YGWV. On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Terra Incognita < inarsus-ferilt_at_oO8Box4x2YkgAfwDiLOkq8zEkOJfFSZm9H570si2m7SrnOFjH7rBlC3z7N9-dFYtJuK8duFXZg2iNtrZhYVrDIxBJB_jN4bcKMA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Greetings to Lord Harshax and Greg.
>
> For "Kitori Empire", Yelmalion (and Kitori) discussion broke out among
> Japanese core fans .

I wish I could read Japanese. I hope that people are not too alarmed!

> Greg:
> > Let's start with this:
> http://www.herowars.com/greg/q-and-a/yelmalio.html
> > It will provide a reference point for people less familiar with this
> > subject.
> > Furthermore, the Lunar Map found at
> > http://www.glorantha.com/new/images/Lunar_Map_Final.jpg
> > provides us with the locations of the 1

I meant 15 here, of course

> extant temples: 1 in Sartar, 1 in
> > Prax, 1 in Tarsh, 3 in Holay, 1 in Imther, 4 in Aggar, 1 in Talastar, 1
> in
> > Sylila, 1 in Vanch, 1 in Balazar.
>
> Then it might mean that Harvar's Aldachur Temple is not "true" Sun Dome.

Hu, yea, I never noticed that!
Although it is one, as we know. There has been plenty written about it, and I saw Mark G's picture of it, so we know it is there! So there must be

> I am surprised that primitive Balazar has one.

Accident of history. Balazar worshiped Thankartus, and made a temple there. it was far enough out of the way that no one destroyed it.

 > To quote the article cited above:
> > "As the EWF expanded the new Sun Dome Temples were among its military arm
> > and helped to enforce its rule in Peloria, Dragon Pass, and even far-away
> > Prax.When the EWF fell many of these temples were destroyed. Most the
> > remaining members were slain during the Dragonkill War as part of the
> True
> > Golden Horde. Most temples fell into ruin, or became isolated from the
> > world.
>

> In EWF chapter of "History of Heortling Peoples", I found the description
> of a city called Domanand = "Dome"land.
> I assume it was a Yelmalion=Tharkantus city in 2nd Age.

I do not translate Domanand as Dome Land.

 > So, the other 13 seem to have been resurrected (not surprising for a
> solar
> > god, of course.) Some likely had a core of worshippers who survived,
> > hiding
> > away and later coming back to the holy place to establish the temple
> anew.
> >

> As far as I know, many japaneses are devotees of "Heatless Light" :-)
> And they worried much about dark fate of their god in Hero Wars and Grand
> Argrath Campaign....
> History SAYS that Yelmalions will perish again.

Where does it say that?
And of course, as a sun god, Yelmalio will rise again.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer