Re2: Written Magic?

From: Terra Incognita <inarsus-ferilt_at_8zsflZziSyoR7A53NDFsI1o12lrAtOLQOYJS15dGrNWRQYr3zhkUW94j-Uky8>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 02:21:17 +0900

Thank you very much, Greg.
You kindly answered, most of my questions were resolved.

All quotations below without name are from Greg,

> Ironically, however, is that there IS a "demonized zone" of the Essence
> Planes. If group A succesfully demonizes Group B then Gp B can access
> those
> demonic powers. And, inevitably, someone does...

It means that Theoblanc doesn't have power to demonize all of "evil" saints, yet.

> A Prophet is a person who establishes initial, new, original contact with
> the Essence World that is sufficient to establish widespread interchanges
> of
> enerby between worlds. In modern parlance they are the originators of a
> cultural paradigm shift.

Other prophets might be Serozos [Imperial Age Kionvara] and Eliavar [Ship of Life Church].

> But Saints and Superadepts are really the same thing, functionally (not
> socially, not personally, etc.)

In HQ rule book, Saints are in Saint Plane(I suppose it was created by 2nd Action),
while wizards got magic from Adept Plane(created by 3rd Action).

Perhaps, "superadepts" are in Saint Plane, too.

> There is a huge tradition that Western magic requires written stuff to
> read,
> but that is not so. It is not about reading words, but about changing
> one's
> consciousness with the help of visual symbols.

I see. Books are required, but not indispensable.

> Low.

[Snipping good explanation about literacy rate of population]
> and also a segment of the merchants knowing enough to keep tallies
> and make contracts.

Hmm, it might not be Issaries' (Ugh, St Ashara's) tally. For in Storm Tribe p.113, Issaries Tally is his cult secret. I suppose Saint Castelain spread it among Trader Princes.

As far as I researched, English vocabulary "tally" has not special meaning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tally_marks

Sincerely:
TI