Re: How common is powerful magic? [was: New One Man and...]

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_IoN2PqB_FP6lZDTyw3NR2FWOh0pJ090Sqj5EO3QPDZqXEhMHprw-1HcQ0zsexQ3EG_K>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:17:07 -0000

> In the rules I have, the start is 17 in one rune and 13 in the other
> two. Then you need to be a full Initiate to use magic actively (which
> may be the case for most Heortlings - it was in HQ1, but with the
> changes to magic it may not be - especially with the minimum 1W in a
> Rune that Mark Mohrfield mentioned).

I don't see how that can have changed; that most Heortlings are initiates, with all the magic that implies, is a fact about Glorantha, not an artefact of the game system used to model it. By contrast, Dara Happans rarely initiate, and so normally don't get the magical benefits that Heortlings do.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/