Re: Resistance of Time

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_urypcCzwA1GdW2W0PkSM_xqX8SjFl_aSAvNMbvDMYhQob6ZSxrn7ShtSjn4_Qh70_>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:27:33 -0800

YGWV On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_1yNFR3VulsKUukopaM9H2fgb-2CxUgQQHm1G8K6JP_6nA94Ana5oHcIzxsDFfW8eswgyMefj4j7O-RHBsFsj1XE.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> Namaste Greg:
> This discussion on "Time" resistance is fascinating.
> In my Lunar Missionary in Teshnos game, there are a lot of Illuminates
> around, and one of them (a newbie to Glorantha) decided at the start
> of the game that he wanted to play a man seemingly aging in reverse.
> This has given me all kinds of opportunities for a lot of very unusual
> and enlightening things to happen to him. As the campaign is finally
> ending, knowing the resistance of such cosmological constants is quite
> useful for Illumination challenges.

Sounds great Santo.

> Questions - is there a reason that the Resistance of Time is "greater"
> than the Resistance of "The All" (10M15)? One would suppose that Time
> would be less than *everything*, considering there are other states
> like "Dreaming".

Har, when he game reaches this stage of wondrous "Doctor Strange versus Galactica" stage I'll let the GM decide ho hard it is. I wanted it to be hard enough that the PC would max up, and still always lose. :-) Whatever that number is.
I know, from experience, that the PC who got to this stage will find some way to make it anyway. :-)

I'm interested by what you meant by the "Sheng Seleris" story - does
> the Great Khan try to challenge Time?

No. I was referring to the fact that he got all the way to "the end" and was granted his final wish, which as to dominate the world. So he got it. But he blew the final test.

I see the discussion has shifted to e about Time. To become immortal, permanent, etc. isn't aobut Time, it is about altering the very fabric of the universe, or which Time is only one axis.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer