Re: An observation about Yinkin

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_bFtEKcgd41HsXQycXmIUWCOeu-4UWBnWSUERVqXNcC35oxoE17-Lvjp2rPsRks>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:00:03 -0800

It seems to me that emulating the behavior of Yinkin, especially his lascivious nature, would not be accepted of women in the Heortling culture. It's really hard to find a dependable husband for your Ernaldan daughter if there are a handful of flirtatious Yinkin initiates in your clan. While Yinkin may be gender-indistinct, the culture traditionally limits gender roles. Not to mention that it is hard to be continuously lascivious for a woman in a era without birth control. While woman-specific cults may have some control over reproduction, Yinkin certainly doesn't.

--Todd Gardiner