R: An observation about Yinkin

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_Szbkl0wh7wzdEaYFuanZ4RuYeHB5o3ayuJdWwJk6XyVJpysHCjcEW-oTcXhYlVck7Gt>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:59:25 -0800 (PST)

The gender of deities is a difficult matter of debate. But, as far as I know, worshippers who are the same sex than their deity tend to be more succesful with the myths they play in, as if they perform better. An exception are water deities and Heler specifically. You could certainly have Chalana Arroy male healers or Lhankor Mhy sageswomen, but I *suspect* they meet some more resistance in some ceremonies and rituals than their counterparts. Other exceptions are also gods that in some way renounced to their sexuality, like Humakt, but I don't think Yinkin qualifies as such ;-)

Just my opinion, of course
Gian