Re: An observation about Yinkin

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_nJLXBb9R2nk9gZngjz0g-gCBBnGydQefcqcTimmqaF7EBOXp58yxPp6tWbCv6vhVwHVu>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:58:44 -0000

> It's always bugged me when Yinkin is referred to as a tomcat, and it's
> implied (but never stated out loud) that he(?) is only worshipped by
men.

I've never assumed that, and that is not how his cult is being described in the Sartar Book. Yinkin is very sensual - but not restricted to gender. Indeed, there have been several important female Yinkinings.

> In a hunting focused clan I wrote for one PC, Yinkin is a very
> important deity for both men and women, not just the hunter's deity,
> but also an important source of their customs.

Yinkin is more than a hunter deity - in several clans, he is the Ancestor and Protector.

Jeff