Re: Desperately Seeking Sendereven

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_t9vZ5Gu6dLCOwF6Ueb-OtBDp2RFIVJy57BTrRkhYGOK6HcrVMgIEU86BDw9HkdkXldR>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:50:08 +1300

At 08:00 a.m. 21/11/2008, you wrote:

>1. What magical system do they follow?

It's difficult to say primarily with HQ being in transition. My own belief is that they follow a high road of dedication to the High Gods and scorn the worldly magics of the Noble Wrongs, the Small Gods and the Antigods.

You could have the Sendereven following a seasonal cycle of worship depending on what part of Sramak's river they are in. When near their old homeland, they worship the High Gods. When in the north, they worship Valind or the Gods of the Altinae. When in the west, they worship Rausa and other Luathan deities while in the south they worship Pamalt in the fashion of the Agitorani.

>2. When did their home island sink? (pre-Time?)

The God Learners would say their home sank during the Storm Age and that the first successful circumnavigation was a Vithelan parallel to the Lightbringers' Quest by bringing the scattered parts of the world together.

However their home could have been destroyed in any one of the five cosmic conflicts that marred Vithela.

>3. Did their spurned ancestor try to get (additional) revenge on the
>Sendereven after the sinking of Old Dendulag, or was that the extent of
>their interaction?

He's a spurned ancestor. Of course he would try for additional revenge. He will become their ancient enemy seeking to drag their sjips under.

--Peter Metcalfe