Re: Lunarised Sartarites and Lunarised Tarshites

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_YUsig18--4fAFnuY3kDDjKdeII5RRDjyk52_8PL755Rtcma8DLwIDezXGzBCXYd0h01L>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:27:09 -0000

> > >Third, how closely linked to Orlanth is the figure of Sartar? Would
> > >Lunars try and co-opt him in some way? Could they?
> >
> > They do this through Temertain, not entirely successfully.
>
> Is this because Temertain is a bit of a wuss, or because their
methods are
> flawed. Is it the lineage, the connection to Orlanth, or just the
measure of
> the man that is paramount in this. I'm wondering if my group
attempting to
> find a new, Red Sartar*, might work.

Sartar is fundamentally anti-Lunar as his guardian spirit. If the Lunars wanted to create a powerful guardian for a new dynasty in Boldhome, they'd need to put their own hero on the throne. Maybe a son of Jar-Eel would be appropriate in a few years....

Personally I think the Tarshites plan to marry Temertain to Estal Donge, thereby him and his heirs within the house of Phoronestes. I don't think the Heartland Lunars care at all what happens to Sartar politically (entrusting that responsibility to the Lunar Governor-General of Dragon Pass).

Jeff