Re: Lunarised Sartarites and Lunarised Tarshites

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_EE_IS8qCrLgf0kfhbzIR9iduJuRDOuL5t-oFi0ZQyp2hch4B0kSdoA531aGI6OjPeZBG>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:36:39 -0000

> > He's described as Warlord so I'd suggest Yanafal Tarnils. That's a
> > major change in style of leadership for the Orlanthi although they
> > do tend to expect a fighting leader.
>
> Makes a lot of sense given the proclivities of their advisor, and the
> clans role as a barbarian allies to the Army.

A lot of Provincial nobles and leaders worship Yanafal Tarnils - especially if they have a military role.

> > Well the method worked in Tarsh. Estel Donge is merely copying
> > Hon-Eel's approach. But she fails to get an heir so can't get
> > rid of Temertain. You guess is as good as mine why it didn't
> > work.

Estal Donge isn't trying to "copy Hon-Eel" - she's just following the tried and true method of being the consort to the prince and controlling him that way. It didn't work because Temertain is a failure as a prince, doesn't perform any of his sacred duties, and stays there because Fazzur finds his existence useful.

> It's going to show my inexperience with the matter, but I hadn't even
> heard of Estal Donge until very recently. I think I can come up with
> some reason why it didn't work (and perhaps a way to make something
> like it work...). That or we'll see about an "anti-Kallyr".

Estal Donge is in King of Sartar and makes an appearance in the Sartar Book.

Jeff