Re: Status of Mongoose RQ publications' Glorantha content

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_3qiX6zNlXJ-x-Taeg77ZDcMB5E5cAQoR9Q0tVcq5AI2Yn4F7_7_INWRBVu>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 14:39:54 -0500

It is Second Age and, as far as I understand it (Greg can confirm or deny) it is canonical: any material written by Issaries licensees is considered such.

2010 will see a great deal of MRQ Gloranthan output. First of all, there's the RQII rules, to be released in January. This is to be supported in quick succession by the following projects:

Pavis Rises - campaign pack set in Second Age Pavis and written by Bryan Steele

Glorantha: The Second Age - revised guide to SA Glorantha with fully updated character creation mechanics, corrections to some first edition inconsistencies and inclusion of new material focused on Ralios and Safelster (written by Robin Laws, Bryan Steele and me)

Cults of Glorantha - a massive cults compendium for the RQII rules, including reorganised, updated/corrected cult write-ups, myths, and HeroQuesting. (written by me)

Races of Glorantha - Uz, Mostali, Aldryami, Dragonewts, Ducks and one other race. (Written by me, Pete Nash, Shannon Appelcline, Bryan Steele and Aaron Dembski Bowden)

The Abiding Book - a complete cultural guide to the God Learners. New material concerning God Learner society, the nature of the empire, myths, secrets and so on.

Tenets of the Inner Dragon - a complete cultural guide to the EWF. New material concerning the Eternal Dragon Ring, the Great Dragon Project, mysticism, myths and so on.

There'll most likely be a similar treatment of the Orlanthi, too...

Living Glorantha - a 'living' campaign that will span the whole of Glorantha and consist of scenarios available for home games and special convention scenarios. Living Glorantha will be launched at Continuum in the UK in June but should become a dynamic, organic, epic way of adventuring in the Second Age

Plus a variety of source/settings books expanding the knowledge of Second Age Glorantha. We'll be tackling Pamaltela, Kralorela, Esrolia. Hendrikiland, and many other regions - a great deal unexplored in official publications.

Mongoose has a 10 year license for Glorantha and intends to make the absolute most of the possibilities and opportunities. More importantly, the Mongoose RQ team (myself and Pete Nash) work closely with Moon Design and Greg directly to ensure compatibility, canon and continuity.

2010 should be a good year!

2010/1/1 Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_SB5DU7HFSq954V3MPqbiMoE0Ct1ZTABeozkXw7i9S8PqAD3dG3GMH0_zill4mIenbjn1t1jQNI54twV21rg.yahoo.invalid>

--
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next its rolling over me...

Rush - 'Far Cry'